Thursday, September 13, 2018

Kid Designed Birthday Cake

Every year I make my daughters special birthday cakes based on what they love.
Peppa Pig.
Unicorns.
Anything their heart desires.
(HERE is a look at some of Ellie's cakes)
This year my little artist Ellie requested an elephant cake.
And since I make the cakes based on what they love I had the most "DUH!" realization.
Why don't I have Eloise design her own cake?


 I pulled up a Google image search of elephant faces and had her draw different variations for me to choose from.

I did an instagram story to see what elephant everyone thought was best,
and this little guy had the most votes along with the elephant with stars in the picture above
So I decided I would make that elephant with stars added around him.
A nice mash up of the two.
Next was taking it from paper to plate.
(If you are interested on details of making shaped cakes from a complete amateur standpoint I wrote about it HERE)
I did the shaping of the cake, frosting, and the sugar paste on the actual elephant,
but I let Ellie cut out stars to add to the sides and she was SO stoked. 

 Et VOILA!
The finished cake.
 She was so proud of this cake.
I hope she will want to do it again next year!




How do you think it turned out?
Does it look like her drawing?
Let me know in the comments below!

xo, Maman

PIN IT!

SHARE:

1 comment

© Maman Bertrand. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig