Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Where To Eat In Annecy France

My hubby and I recently went on a lovely couple's getaway to Annecy, France.
Nestled in the snowy mountains, this alpine town is where skiers go after a long day on the slopes.
And how do they warm up after hours in the snow?
FATTY FOODS.
Raclette, Tartiflette, Fondue... I am drooling just thinking about it.
My hubby and I didn't partake in any winter sports, but we definitely ate as if we did.

Here are the amazing places we ate at during our weekend in Annecy:

1. The Roster

To put it simply, this burger place is as cool as it gets. 
Rock music blasting ✓
Awesome staff ✓
Industrial/skater vibe look ✓
Delicious burgers 

We ate at the central Annecy location, but they have many locations in nearby cities.

The Roster

2 Rue Joseph Blanc, 74000 Annecy
http://theroster.fr/web/

2. Chalet La Pricaz

Okay, so technically this isn't in Annecy.
But is in the general area.
About a 20-30 minute drive up the mountains is where you will find this adorable chalet style restaurant.
If you are cold and needing to fill your belly for hibernation...
THIS👏IS👏THE👏PLACE👏FOR👏YOU👏

The portions are well worth the price.
The food is comforting and hearty.
My husband couldn't finish his main dish, and that is saying something.

I ordered the charcuterie spread for a starter not realizing it was so much.

Then for the main course I ordered the tartiflette, which is chunks of reblochon cheese melted on top of potatoes, lardon, and onions.
My husband ordered the escalope de veau and loved it.
I have never felt so full in my life.


Chalet La Pricaz

La Forclaz, 74210 Montmin-Talloires
http://www.sav.org/pricaz.html

3. Le Freti

This is the restaurant that is recommended everywhere, which made me skeptical going in.
But the recommendations are just.
If you like cheese, this is the place for you.

They offer so many variations of fondue it is crazy.
We ordered fondue aux cèpes and fondue aux trompettes de la mort (aka different types of mushrooms) and I was in heaven.
A true cheese lover's paradise.


Le Freti

12 Rue Sainte-Claire, 74000 Annecy
http://www.lefreti.fr/

4. Brumes
For your morning (or any time of day) coffee fix look no further than Brumes.
Brumes is a café that serves specialty coffee.
I ordered the latte machiatto and my husband got a double espresso.
The owner/barista is passionate about quality coffee and it definitely shines through in his work.
I am generally someone who needs sugar to enjoy coffee, but didn't need a single grain in this coffee.
The flavor was perfect.
Plus the aesthetic of the coffee shop is ace.
I'm sure it is where all the hipsters of Annecy flock to. 😉

Brumes
2 Passage des Bains, 74000 Annecy
http://www.brumes-annecy.fr/


If you are ever in or around Annecy, definitely check these places out.
Your tastebuds will thank you.

xo, Maman

Pin It!





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Maman Bertrand. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig