Friday, September 8, 2017

#TBT: Ellie's Birthday

A look at some of Eloise's birthday cakes
(This is posted a day late so technically it is a Flashback Friday, but oh well)

This year Eloise has requested a unicorn cake for her fifth birthday.
Every year I forget how tiring it is to make a cute birthday cake from scratch. You know how people say after giving birth you get childbirth amnesia and forget the pain?
Well it is like that... but with baking.


Just look at this tedious process:

Here are the cakes I made her over the years (also look at the range in camera quality 😂)

1 Year Old
Eloise's first birthday cake was a simple smash cake made by her mamie because I was very pregnant and on bed rest:


2 Years Old
Eloise's second birthday cake was Peppa Pig and the first decorated cake I have ever done. It is definitely my favorite to date:


3 Years Old
Eloise's third birthday cake was of her lovey/doudou Bunny. Not too fond of how this turned out since the fondant was so dry and hard to work with but she LOVED it:

4 Years Old
And lastly, Eloise's fourth birthday cake was of Sofia the First. I was once again very pregnant and tired and hormonal so making this cake made me cry because I thought I did a horrible job, but looking back on it... It was pretty cute:


The reason I make put myself through making these cakes is for that look of adoration right there^
She loves it so much and she asks for specific birthday cakes all year long.
Nothing makes my maman heart feel so full ♡

xo, Maman


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are definitively a great cooker too Sara !!!! Next year you'll make a Tinkerbell cake for my birthday ah ah ah ah !!

    ReplyDelete

© Maman Bertrand. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig