Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Ellie's Fifth Birthday

My little Eloise is five years old.
😭 😭 😭
She is growing up so fast.
Just look at the difference in her face between 4 years old and 5 years old.
Unbelievable.
Every birthday morning starts with being woken up with birthday balloons.
This was our first birthday tradition that we started on Ellie's first birthday.

We usually make pancakes or crêpes for birthday breakfast, but this year she just wanted nutella toast.
🤷‍♀️
Whatever floats your boat, babycakes.

After a long day at school, we skyped all the family and opened presents.
We bought her a couple things including this playmobil house that closes so clean up is easier. 👍
Her requested birthday dinner was a nectarine and heirloom tomato salad...
Whose child are you?
I was fully expecting a pizza order, but nope!
Salad.
Like, what?
I also made her favorite bean burrito mixture and guacamole to fill her up more.
And finally the good ol cake.
If you read this post then you know my love/hate relationship with birthday cakes.
But I am pretty pleased with how it turned out!
(I'll be showing how I made this cake in my next post I believe.)
She had been asking for a unicorn birthday cake for a few months...So needless to say she was obsessed.
Couldn't wait for forks and plates clearly... 😒😂


Just look at her smile 😍

But honestly, I cannot believe it.
How has she already been in my life for so long when it seems like just yesterday she was born? Such a cliché, I know.

But truly it all goes by so quickly.
I want her to stay little forever but I just know she is going to do great things when she is big.
 
I can feel it in my bones. 


I can't wait to see what the future holds for you, my sweet.
I hope you had the happiest of birthdays ♡
xo, Maman
SHARE:

1 comment

© Maman Bertrand. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig